Web lawofattraction101.blogspot.com

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Why we believe

The law of attraction and religion has one thing in common: both of them are false and yet people believe in it. I have believed in both in the past. The reason, I think, that we believe in these things is that we are desperate for a way to control our life. Religion, self help books, and new age theory offer this and we are desperate to believe that what they offer is actually true.

When I first heard of the Law of Attraction from Abraham-Hicks I was excited. I had already rejected the Bible and I had already rejected many self help books. I needed a way to feel good for no reason - and I believed that the Law of Attraction was the remedy.

The problem was that after trying it out, there was nothing useful that I could manifest that would get rid of my problems. Even if there was something wrong I was doing, it doesn't stop the fact that it was useless for me. So eventually I gave it up.

Now I still don't have a way of feeling good for no reason. However I spend a lot of time thinking about my old superstitions, perhaps seeing if there is a way to get rid of the blues that actually works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home