Web lawofattraction101.blogspot.com

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Depression, religion, and the Law of Attraction

Why is it that when times are bad I come back to testing the Law of Attraction? I am a rationalist, and yet the Law of Attraction which I know to be false offers something that I can't get elsewhere - hope. As a rationalist, I have rejected many things, including religion. Why then do I not turn to my former faith, Christianity in times of desperation? I pondered this question and realised that Christianity offers nothing to the depressed person. Even if Christianity was true, it is believed that your prayers are answered so long as it is God's will. So if you are suffering from depression and want to get rid of it, you could try praying and you wouldn't be surprised that it didn't work.

So how is the Law of Attraction different? Isn't it just as irrational as the Christian faith? Yes it is but it offers something that Christianity doesn't - hope. How you may ask? With the law of attraction, it is believed that you can get anything you want. What you can manifest in your world is not limited to "God's will". If you want money you can have money. If you want women you can have women. So long as you can imagine it, you can have it. Now for a depressed person, even the belief that there is such a law offers hope. I suffer from depression though I don't like to admit it since there's such a stigma attached to it. But whenever life gets unbearable, I turn to testing the Law of Attraction again. Not because it works, but because it offers hope.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ettsem said...

Quote: With the law of attraction, it is believed that you can get anything you want. What you can manifest in your world is not limited to "God's will".

Wow, that's a really important distinction! Thanks for spotting and mentioning that!

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home